State cabinet to discuss increase in DA/DR feasibility

IMPHAL, September 11 : A cabinet meeting has been convened on Wednesday to discuss the feasibility of increasing the DA/DR of the State Government’s Employees.

The meeting will commence from 3pm at the CM’s secretariat, chaired by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh.

Sources said that the Government employees are currently getting 65 per cent DA/DR. The cabinet meeting will discuss on the feasibility of 7 percent increase in the allowances making the total allowance 72 percent.

It may be recalled that the increase in allowances has been a prolonged demand of the Joint Administrative Council of government employees.

Meanwhile, the cabinet meeting is also likely to discuss on the financial plan to be tabled to the 14th finance commission.

In view of the financial plan, a meeting was also convened today at 4 pm at CM’s office chamber attended by all heads of departments including Chief Secretary, Principals Secretaries and Commissioners of all the departments.

On the other hand, sources also informed that the chairman of the 14th finance commission YV Reddy, the former Governor of RBI, is also visiting the state on October 13 in connection with the 14th financial plan of the state.  

Posted by Unknown on 09:59. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for State cabinet to discuss increase in DA/DR feasibility

Leave comment


Courtesy:ISTV Imphal


2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign