Student electrocuted, fingers pointed at Dept negligence

JIRIBAM, August 19: A student studying in Class IV at Kashimpur Govt Primary School identified as Md Babulal Laskar (16), alias Shyam son of Md Sahabuddin was electrocuted at Kashimpur village about 10 kms south east to Jiribam Police Station today around 11 am.

According to reports, works of placing Low Tension line was going on for power supply electric to Kashimpur village by the Jiribam Electricity Division.

It is learnt that the deceased was collecting grass for his cattle nearby the area where LT line was placed.

Accidentally, he came in contact with the naked wire and was killed immediately.

Following the electrocution, the left part of the deceased’s chest was completely burnt and he was declared brought death at the Jiribam Community Health.

Taking strong exception to the death of the student, Pradhan Sonapur GP Ashab Uddin expressed unhappiness on the part of Jiribam Electricity division for neglecting and allowing passing of high voltage power through the naked wire and termed the incident as unfortunate.

Claiming that the student was killed due to the negligence of Jiribam Electricity Division, he further appealed the concerned authorities to look into the case and demanded the department to compensate to the victim’s family.

A report has been sent to the Dept’s SO Md Ali Ahemed, Jiribam Police, ADC Jiribam and EE Jiribam Division in connection with the case. .

According to the S O Md Ali Ahemed, the dept was rendering works for placing LT line to post under the village till yesterday 7 pm and had informed the villagers beforehand not to venture near the site where the work was under process and to keep their power off when it is not necessary.

Md Moinul Haque and Md Nasir Uddin of the Dept had also told Md Johur Uddin, brother of the deceased not to try to get line connection using plier as works on placing the LT line was going on. But the brother of the deceased defying the official instruction had tried to get connection which resulted in the incident, he explained.

The dead body of the deceased is still being kept at CHC Jiribam till the filing of this report.

Posted by Unknown on 13:44. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Student electrocuted, fingers pointed at Dept negligence

Leave comment


Courtesy:ISTV Imphal


2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign