Allegations mar as housewife succumbs two days after consuming poison

IMPHAL, June 4: A 35 year old housewife succumbed this morning after consuming poison on June 1, allegedly after a quarrel with her husband.

The woman has been identified as Maibam (n) Ngairangban (o) Subhashini (35), wife of M Ingoucha of Nongpok Sekmai Makha Leikai under Yaipripok police station.

The woman’s family has claimed harassment of the woman by her husband and his family which incited her to take the extreme step. Family members of the deceased alleged that Subashini was taken back from her parental home at Nongpok Sekmai Leela Khangbong Mapal by her mother in law on the day she had consumed poison.

The dead body is presently kept at the JNIMS mortuary for post mortem.

Speaking to the media at JNIMS morgue, M Rajen, uncle of the deceased woman alleged that Subhashini consumed poison after a quarrel with her husband on June 1 at around 9 am following which, the husband’s family rushed her to the nearby Yairipok community health centre.

He alleged that the doctors at the CHC after providing her with some immediate treatment, referred her to RIMS; however the same day, her husband and his family took her back home instead of taking her to RIMS as advised by the doctor.

Owing to the failure to take her to RIMS, her conditioned deteriorated, but instead of taking her to the hospital, her husband and his family kept her at home the whole day and only took her on June 3 to RIMS, he lamented.

She was further taken to Shija Hospital, where the doctors said it was too late for treatment as none of the medicines were affecting her, he said and continued that her husband’s family took her home the same day and she succumbed this morning around 9:30am.

Continuing his allegation, he said that Subashini used to return to her parental home frequently unable to bear her husband’s and other family members’ harassment.

He also alleged that the deceased used to come back frequently due to the harassment from her husband and other family members and before the incident on May 1, Janaki the mother in law had come to fetch Subhashini  and taken her back to her husband house's from her maternal place where she had been staying for over one month, he said.  

The deceased is survived by three children including two boys and a girl from her marriage with M Ingoucha.

Posted by Unknown on 10:12. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Allegations mar as housewife succumbs two days after consuming poison

Leave comment


Courtesy:ISTV Imphal


2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign